Anthropic tourism resources of Târgu Jiu

Anthropic tourism resources of Târgu Jiu

The Municipality of Tãrgu-Jiu takes its name from The Jiu River that crosses it, initially known as the weekly fair held on the banks of The Jiu River, a fair that is held even today on Thursdays. It is first mentioned as the Jiu Fair 600 years ago and as a city 400 years ago. The Public Garden was established in 1856, in the field, on the left bank of The Jiu River.